Questions? Email or Call 651.222.0846
- Medicaid Fraud Attorney
The Minnesota Attorney General’s Office is accepting resumes from attorneys interested in joining the Medicaid Fraud Unit of the office and prosecuting health care providers that defraud the state medical assistance program. This position directly contributes to the quality of health care in Minnesota and the protection of the public. Medicaid fraud harms taxpayers and diverts health care services away from needs of vulnerable patients.
Requirements: The selection process for this position is highly competitive. Lawyers are responsible for all phases of both criminal and civil litigation, including overseeing/managing investigations, preparing and filing pleadings and briefs, appearing at court hearings and trials, and handling appeals. Applicants should have relevant civil or criminal litigation trial experience, solid academic credentials, and good judgment, research, and analytical abilities.
Your service with the office may qualify you to have part of your college and/or law school student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program that applies to state government employees. If you have Federal Direct Student Loans (or other federal loans that may be consolidated into a Direct Consolidation Loan), your employment with our office may qualify you to have your student loans forgiven after a period of service and payments. (For more information, visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.)
Applications. Attorneys may express interest by submitting a cover letter and resume that includes relevant experience and academic credentials to:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attention: June Walsh
900 Bremer Tower
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
The Minnesota Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (651) 296-1410 (TTY), or 800-366-4812 (TTY toll free) to arrange an accommodation.
- Assistant City Attorney – City of Minneapolis
The City of Minneapolis is hiring an Assistant City Attorney I. Under general supervision of the Deputy City Attorney, Civil, the ACAI assigned to the Client Services Team performs professional legal work involving civil matters, including providing legal advice and drafting ordinances, drafting and negotiating contracts, drafting development or real estate agreements and performing other client services projects. The position also includes conducting legal research, preparing legal opinions or memoranda, and other legal work of the Civil Division of the City Attorney’s Office. The position may represent the City of Minneapolis and its various departments, boards, and commissions in civil litigation and related matters.
Application Process: ALL applicants MUST submit a completed:
- City of Minneapolis application and required documents, below, submitted in TeamMinneapolis at www.minneapolismn.gov/jobs
- A copy of your Attorneys license
- Response to supplemental and screening questions
- Writing sample – a sample of legal writing, including but not necessarily limited to an excerpt from a brief or memorandum. Your sample must not exceed six (6) pages.
ELIGIBLE LIST WILL EXPIRE SIX MONTHS AFTER BEING ESTABLISHED.
The City of Minneapolis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Temporary Document Review Attorneys
Robins Kaplan LLP seeks Temporary Document Review Attorneys to assist with document review, analysis, and coding in our Minneapolis office. Hours will typically be 40-hours per week for the duration of a project. Projects last a few days to several months.
We are hiring now for projects scheduled to start in the next 1 – 3 weeks. Submit your resume via e-mail to MMarvin@RobinsKaplan.com by Monday, February 22.
To avoid any potential conflict of interest, candidates must not represent or assist any personal clients, or provide legal services to any employment agency or law firm during the pendency of a project.
- J.D. and current license
- Experience in document review production in complex commercial litigation matters.
- Familiarity with protocols for document review and databases.
Submissions from staffing agencies not accepted.
Mary Marvin, Director of Ediscovery Services
- General Counsel, St. Paul
The MN Department of Commerce currently has an opportunity in its downtown St. Paul office for a General Counsel in the Office of Legal Services Division. Details concerning qualifications, responsibilities and salary can be viewed by referring to posting number 2708 at www.careers.state.mn.us. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Commercial Transactions AssociateHinshaw & Culbertson LLP, a leading national law firm, is seeking an experienced commercial transactions attorney to join our Minneapolis office. We are looking for an attorney with 4 to 7 years of experience in the areas of general corporate law, real estate transactions (including leasing, acquisitions and dispositions), asset based and real estate lending/commercial finance, and other commercial transactions. Solid writing skills are essential. Candidates should have an interest in participating in business development efforts and must be committed to exceptional client service, with top quality work product and exceptional academics. MN bar license required. Apply online: http://www.hinshawlaw.com
Workers’ Compensation Associate
O’Meara Leer Wagner & Kohl, P. A. seeks an attorney to join our Workers’ Compensation practice group as an Associate Attorney. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in Workers’ Compensation defense and can be expected to play a large role in developing and implementing case strategy, conducting discovery, conducting depositions, conferences and hearings, and have substantive client interaction. Excellent client service and superior legal research, writing and oratorical skills are mandatory.
O’Meara Leer Wagner & Kohl, P.A. has been guiding clients to effective decisions for more than 40 years. Client relationships often last for decades, and span a multitude of areas. Fortune Magazine rates us as a “2016 Top Ranked Law Firm”, and we are consistently listed as one of Best’s Client Recommended Insurance Attorneys. The Firm offers a competitive compensation package including generous benefits, and fosters a culture that encourages community involvement and professional growth.
Please send a résumé and two writing samples to:
Shantel M. Schmale
O’Meara Leer Wagner & Kohl, P.A.
- This space available.
- DOWNTOWN ST. PAUL deluxe office space available sharing with 12 established solo practitioners/small firm attorneys on 15th floor of US Bank Center. Full amenities. Secretarial assistance available. All inquiries held in confidence. Contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 222-5000.
- ATTORNEY COACH / CONSULTANT - Attorney coach/consultant Roy S. Ginsburg provides marketing, practice management and strategic planning services to individual lawyers and firms. www.royginsburg.com, email@example.com, (612) 812-4500.