Serving on a committee is both a rewarding experience and a great way to get to know your fellow members. It’s a chance to make a difference while having a good time. Sign up below or click here for a pdf form.
Bench & Bar Benefit Committee
Help to plan and recruit sponsors and auction donors for the annual gala event.
Charity Golf Tournament Committee
Help to plan and recruit sponsors and golfers for the tournament.
- Jim Erickson Jr.: Erickson, Bell, Beckman & Quinn, 651.223.4999
- Martin Norder: Kelly and Lemmons, 651.224.3781
CLE Oversight Committee
Recruit speakers, plan CLE seminars for RCBA members and oversee the calendar of CLEs presented by sections.
- Leanne Fuith, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 651.290.6340
- Carol Bros: Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, 651.222.5863
The mission of the Ramsey County Bar Association Diversity Committee is to advance and promote diversity and equal opportunity at every level of the legal profession.
- Terrance Hendricks, Ramsey County Public Defender’s Office
- Greg Egan: Ramsey County Public Defender’s Office, 651.7571606
The committee investigates complaints filed with the Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility against attorneys in Ramsey County. To apply for this committee, please submit your resume and a letter explaining your interest, along with this form (need form). Terms are in three year increments, with a limit of two consecutive terms. The committee meets at 8:00 a.m. the third Thursday of every month. New committee members are appointed shortly after July 1; applications must be in by May 6th for consideration for the upcoming year. Send applications to Cheryl Dalby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timothy J. Simonson
Events Oversight Committee
Coordinate the calendar of RCBA events for the year. Recruit members to work on individual events.
- Paul Godfrey: Godfrey & Fox, 651.228.1770
- Suzanne Guertin: Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, 651.222.5863
Families First Committee
Plan the annual community outreach event for children of St. Paul’s east side.
Fee Arbitration Committee
Become part of a three-person panel to hear and resolve fee disputes between attorneys and their clients. Contact Sabina Zeenat at 651.222.0846 or email@example.com.
- Lisa Veith: St. Paul City Attorney’s Office, 651.266.8723
Judges’ Dinner Committee
Plan skits and recruit actors for this popular annual event.
- Victoria (Tori) Elsmore, Collins, Buckley, Sauntry & Haugh, 651.227.0611
- Anu Chudasama, Harper & Peterson, 651.738.8539
- Kelly Lawton Rogosheske, Rogosheske Lawton, 651.225.9165
Coordinate plebiscites before judicial elections and appointments.
Assist in planning the annual memorials for deceased members of the Ramsey County bench and bar.
New Lawyers Committee
Plan social events, CLEs and community service projects for RCBA new lawyers.
Solo/Small Firm Committee
Plan CLEs, social events and networking opportunities for attorneys in solo or small firm practice.
- Margaret Barrett, Safe Harbor Estate Law, 612.615.9535
- Freya Hanson, Hanson Law Office, 651.633.9408
Youth & the Law Committee
Member of an RCBA committee? Access your information.